Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Miraculous Turn of Events

I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from? 

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.  Psalm 121, v1-2

Friends, a short while ago Renee and I were sitting here in my room with our pastor, Dr. Mike Garrett.  Dr. Chang came in and asked if we had heard the news from pathology - we said no, and Renee said "it's good news, isn't it?"  She could read his face.  We were waiting to hear whether I had stage 3a or stage 3b lung cancer, the difference being whether the lymph nodes on the opposite side of the tumor had been infected.  Dr. Chang said that the lab, based on the surgical lymph node biopsy and the 2nd bronchoscopy, was now of the opinion that the cancer is a lymphoma, not lung cancer.  Dr. Chang said that lymphoma is a lot better than lung cancer, but it will be a few days before Dr. Krtiz gets back from his vacation and we can discuss how to treat it.

Medically, it is yet to be determined how good this news is - the more important aspect is the spiritual.  So many of you prayed for the lung cancer diagnosis to be wrong, and with little medical reason - but God, being rich in mercy and loving kindness, has heard our prayer and shown us that as He promises, He is here, He is powerful, He is real, and He loves us.  Good news, difficult news - in all things and on all days, no matter how dark, He is here, He cares for us.  Rachel and Kenyon are here so I need to go - more soon.  Praise Him!  And thanks to all the praying saints!!  Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment