Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday, February 11

Oh baby!
Pan-seared Scallops served on roasted red pepper coulis with yogurt-cilantro sauce!


Hey everyone, hope you're all enjoying your Saturday and your weather is as nice as ours is getting....we're looking at upper 50's to mid 60's for the next several days.  In my last post I told you that my neutrophils had jumped up from 500 to 1500 in an answer to prayer, allowing me to start my 2nd chemo cycle - that 3 day cycle was completed yesterday and I'm in recovery.  I've felt pretty well so far, doing most things as usual with the exception of eating a little more carefully and suspending my exercise routine for a few days.  The clinic gave me an intravenous anti-nausea medication this time which seems to be helping.  Yesterday was a short session which was highlighted by a visit from my mother in law, Vaun, and a great conversation with a fellow patient, Alan, who was sitting across from me - I wish I had a picture of he and I getting up out of our "chemo chairs" and dragging our IV poles to the middle of the aisle so we could shake hands and make a proper acquaintance.  A Vietnam Vet, Alan is battling lung cancer and winning. 

My daughter Rachel is home for the weekend - she arrived Thursday afternoon and we got busy in the kitchen right away.  The pics above are from Thursday evening - now a family favorite, we got the recipe off of a google search for pan-seared scallops.  Fabulous!

No more "labs" until this coming Friday, so until then we are praying for continued success in battling the evil lymphocytes and preserving the virtuous neutrophils.  This morning Rachel and I recorded our first cooking video, which I hope to edit and post soon.....she behind the camera, me wielding the knife and spatula!  Blessings to all - Dan

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment