Monday, February 21, 2011

President's Day

Last Night's Chicken Dinner

Hello everyone and happy President's day - I will be brief today but you are in for a real treat, as the saying goes "we've got the video!".  First on the medical front, my post-treatment labs were excellent - apparently the shot I got on Monday did its work and kept my neutrophils up - they were 1400, only down 100 since treatment started.  Also, my total white count was down to 3800, which is the lowest it has been since I was diagnosed; it peaked at 95,000 on January 10th.  Platelets, hemoglobin, red cells all good.  The balance between my neutrophils and lymphocytes was also excellent, though not quite normal yet.  And, I've got 3 more weeks prior to my next treatement to keep working on this.  Thanks be to God!

As I mentioned in my last post, my sister Laure and her family are visiting on their way down to Orlando - they arrived yesterday afternoon and, of course, we cooked a meal - a recipe from the Barefoot Contessa, which I link to here:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/tuscan-lemon-chicken-recipe/index.html


Grilled Tuscan Chicken with Lemon, Garlic, and Rosemary

I spent some time working with the video I took last Saturday (the 12th) with Rachel - I uploaded it to YouTube.  It's about 13 minutes long and after watching it you should be able to make an excellent breakfast burrito:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PVIKXiltg0

Hope you enjoy that!  I see my local doc (Dr. Kritz) on Wednesday - will update then......love to all......Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment