Monday, January 7, 2013

HOLY MEGA GENEROUS DONATION, BATMAN!!!

Recent goofy self-portrait that seemed appropriate for this post


 Friends and supporters, I have amazing news....hold onto your hats.....this week, an anonymous donor has pledged to match, dollar for dollar, all contributions made up to this point ($13,775), and additionally, match all future contributions in the same manner up to the unthinkable amount of $100,000!!  Of course I am stunned and amazed by this kind of generosity.  This brings into view the possibility of doing something really extraordinary, and imbues my trip to the High Sierra, the John Muir Trail, with additional significance and impact in the quest for a cure.  So - any gift, of any size, is critical, and with this pledge, it's impact will be DOUBLED.
  
 ********************************************************************************
|| Click HERE  to go my Leukemia and Lymphoma fund-raising site  ||
 ********************************************************************************
To those of you who have already donated, another big THANK YOU!!  Those of you who are still considering making a donation - know that there is no hurry.  There is a long time before I hit the trail, so please take your time and consider everything carefully.  Prayer support is equally, if not more important, than financial giving, and I am just as grateful for that.

I also want to announce today that my younger sister, Jill DiCicco, will be joining my team - Jill is thinking about the possibility of holding a pledge drive of some sort at the school where she teaches in Aurora, IL.  Welcome Jill!!

PS... "joining my team" means joining in my fund raising efforts, not making the hike with me - I got some feedback that there was some confusion on that!  More soon - Dan
Kenyon and I at Yosemite, 2008 - Tenaya Lake in background


No comments:

Post a Comment