Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The New Normal Life........

I see that my last post was a full month ago.  No doubt the biggest reason is that there hasn't been anything really newsworthy on the medical front.  That, in and of itself, is a wonderful thing.  More good news - I'm not posting because there is anything negative to report.  I just feel like I ought to check in and let you know what's going on.  The biggest medical news is that I developed a cold a few weeks ago, and just before I was supposed to go on the big annual western trout fishing trip.  Of course my counts responded by dropping, but we started the neupogen and they came back up....we also started an antibiotic to help prevent the dreaded infections.  It all worked like a charm, and the trip came off fantastically, as you can see:

On the Clark Fork (of the Columbia River), with Scott Nicolarson, Trout guide par excellence, August '12

Brother-in-law Scott with a fat Montana Rainbow and guide, Chris

Dad and I on a cool Montana morning

Other happenings have included a visit from my sister Laure and her family, a harrowing surgery for our oldest dog, Shiloh (he's recovering well), and as of this week, 2 months back at work for me.  I feel well and strong;  I am planning to do a 10-mile hike to commemorate 9 months since my transplant (that anniversary will be September 21, a few days from now).  My next full re-staging will be in Houston, November 6 and 7.  

This week is the one-year anniversary of my hospitalization for pneumonia, which led to the lung cancer, then lymphoma, then Richter's transformation diagnoses, and all that came after.  It is hard to believe it really happened.  Among the things I will never forget is the support and love that surrounded me and my family.  I will always be grateful for it.
        
God's best to you and your family.  Trust in Him;  He will not fail you, for He has your eternity in his hands.  

Dan and Renee




No comments:

Post a Comment