Monday, April 27, 2015

Rocked the Half Marathon!! Double Century is Up Next!


Hello Friends and Family!  Well this update is overdue but the big news is that the first leg of the Triple Play is successfully completed!  I “ran” the Raleigh Rock and Roll half marathon in 2 hours and 25 minutes.  I was able to run through the halfway point, but somewhere around mile 8 or 9 I found myself walking up some of the hills in downtown Raleigh.  I didn’t make a conscious decision to walk, my body just stopped running and started walking!  All in all, I think I ran about 10 or 11 out of the 13.1.  Not bad, all things considered. 
The inspiration dinner the night before the race was wonderful, and I was fortunate enough to be honored as the top fund raiser for the Team in Training!  All thanks to all of you!!! 


Well now my attention turns to cycling.  It took me a few days to work out the stiffness and soreness from the run, but by Wednesday I was back on my stairmaster, 40 minutes a day.  Today will be my first cycling workout since the Half.  I will be riding today with Rob Allan, a fellow Tour de Cure participant and my team captain.  The Tour is going to be upon me very soon – 3 weeks fro Saturday, so I need to train intensively.  I will keep you posted.  Thanks for all your encouragement and support!  GO TEAM!!  Dan
Approaching the Start

No comments:

Post a Comment