Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I TWEET, THEREFORE I AM A GEEK

The Official North Carolina State Flower (Dogwood!)

Hello all, things continue to move along in a positive direction - my counts are not too far off of normal.....we've been focusing on white cells a lot but (praise God) they seem to have begun to stabilize.  My platelet count is still below 100,000 - to get to "normal" I need to be over 130,000 and the normal range extends to 400,000.  Also, my red cell count, hemoglobin, and hematocrit levels have all been below normal since the transplant.  On the white cell front, my lymphocytes increased from 2.5 to 3.4 without any neupogen shots - which indicates that the suppression of these cells was caused by the Valcyte which was stopped a couple of weeks ago.  I am still waiting for the result of my last CMV draw, which was Monday.  Two negatives in a row, praying for a third.

I got on the blog today to tell you that   I've signed up for a twitter account - my username is DKRooker.  I thought it would be cool to 'tweet' brief updates at this point rather that write lengthy blog posts - but we'll see how many of you 'follow' me on twitter.  I promise if you follow me, I'll follow you :-).  Go to Twitter.com and get set up in 1 minute if you're not already a tweeter.  There's a cool tutorial there too that will advise you on different ways to use it. It's oriented to quick, rapid status updates and people send cool links (like I just got a tweet from James Taranto of the WSJ with a link to an article...)

Please let me know how you are doing.  (dkrooker@gmail.com)

Oh, almost forgot - today's music recommendation came from my "classic rock" station on my cable TV box.  Today I am coining a new term, "Hope Rock".  It came to me 30 seconds into this song, which I bought from iTunes as soon as practical ( I was working out - on that topic, I power walked 5 miles yesterday!).  Another example of hope rock would be "When Love Comes to Town" by U2.  Are you with me?  What are your hope rock songs?







This last song has some great lyrics for Easter - written by Bono - "I was there when they crucified my Lord - I held the scabbard when the soldier drew his sword - I threw the dice when they pierced His side - BUT I'VE SEEN LOVE CONQUER THE GREAT DIVIDE"  AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment